A place for thoughts.
To be free.
And to dance with words and pictures!
Sunday, April 8, 2012
Hoppy Easter Everyone!!
Today I spent the afternoon with some friends for brunch. I brought chocolate covered strawberries and
champagne. I appreciate social interaction with friends soooooo much now that I live so far away from
everyone. I had a great time!
My favorite Easter memories:
1. My lovely beautiful Easter baskets I would wake up to.
2. My best childhood friend Misty and I would rehide and rehide and rehide our Easter eggs.
3. Giving thanks and being grateful.
This picture was me enjoying Easter as a child......even then I liked fur and glam but with the comfort of solid footwear. LOL
Saturday, April 7, 2012
Today is SPECIAL!!!
Special for 2 reasons:
1. My www.autumnhyatt.com page is online! Although rough around the edges it is a start!
2. I ran 9 miles today!!!
I wanted to start this site to post thoughts and pictures and videos and random things. I am missing friends and family being out here in SoCal alone so this is a way
for me to communicate. :0)
About the 9 miles....last week marked my first official week of training for my half marathon. I am doing the Rock & Roll Half Marathon in June in Seattle! I am
excited and nervous. But today was a HUGE deal. I have never ran that far before........it was very empowering. I am starting to feel like an actual 'runner'......I
suppose now that I actually budget funds for RoadRunner monthly, I am at least on my way to being a runner in the financial sense! lol
Good night, kiddies. Please feel free to email me with thoughts, feedback, likes, dislikes or whatever! I invite the feedback.
Lots of love, Autumn
Pictures: What I bought at RoadRunner (Nike Vapor earbuds & waterbelt), Rock & Roll Marathon and Huntington Beach
boardwalk where I ran my 9 miles!
Thursday, April 12, 2012
5 Beauty MUST HAVES!
1. Dermablend This is a MUST have for me. I have a few scars now (which I read something the other day on someones t-shirt that said "Scars are tattoos with cooler stories" LOVE!). Daily I cover up my
tracheotomy scar on my neck and it works wonders! Now that I have a scar on my wrist from breaking it snowboarding in February and a surgery scar from a plate and 8 screws I cover it
up.Maybe I will post before and after pictures of my scars with this stuff. AWESOME product!
2. PosieTint by Benefit I like this product because it gives my lips and cheeks that pink rosy glow that does not look likemake-up. So if I am going for more of a natural less dramatic innocent look this stuff is
AWESOME! Somtimes I will throw a little gloss on top of my lips but other times I wont!
3. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion OK, so this is my BEST purchase of 2012. You can see how dirty all my products are but thats because I use them! :0) Anyways, this primer potion has taken my eye make-up to the next level!
It's not an inexpensive item but the nice thing is that you only need just a little tiny tiny dot. Honestly, it not only makes your eyeshadow stay all day long it makes the colors smoother and look
much more professional. Once I started using this stuff I got compliments on my make-up left and right!
4. Revlon Colorstay Quad 555 in Moonlit I just like this quad because the colors are exactly what I like in my nudes and browns. I use this almost everyday for work because it goes with everything and looks professional. I generally use
the top left as my base, the bottom right at my crease color and the upper right to blend the two. And to jazz it up a little bit I will put a shimmer color in the middle of my eyelid and in the
corners. (Let me know if you are interested in what that is and I will post).
5. Ponds Morning Refresh with Citrus & Cucumber wet cleansing towlettes I LOVE these!!! I use them everynight as part of my make-up removal process. The smell is my fav!! It reminds me of a fancy spa......so refreshing and classy. Oh and one side has raised bumps
for that extra way to really scrub and get clean!
This is just My 2 Cents about The Hunger Games book vs movie.
Personally, I like to read the book of any movie first because you get
the details and emotional involvement of the characters and then you get to see
them come to life on the big screen!!!
My overall thoughts are good! I think they did a very good job getting the necessary parts of the book in the movie. I didn't feel any gaps or
missing information. And the book started a little slow for me but the descriptions were amazing. Honestly, my mental image of the clothing
and make-up were better than what came to life on screen for me....with the exception of Elizabeth Banks. Her character and costumes
were better than I imagined.
Thoughts: 1. Rue was more adorable, Gale more handsome but Peeta not as cute as I imagined them.
2. I was glad that Katniss killed Cato right away in the end where the book had her wait hours as he cried out in pain.(Favorite Improvement)
3. I would have liked to felt a bit more connected to District 12 in the movie.
4. The MockingJay's songs were not as beautiful as I imagined in the book. I thought they could have done better there.
5. The movie switch up the whole way she even received the MockingJay pin....not sure what that was about.
6. Stanley Tucci as Ceasar Flickerman was an AWESOME character and choice. (Favorite Character)
7. Casting: LovedWoody Harrelson as Haymitch. Cinna as Lenny Kravitz did not love.
Saturday, April 14, 2012
HALLOWEEN in April!!!
Halloween is quickly becoming my favorite holiday of the year. It will be my first time spending it in California. I already know of one pretty awesome Halloween party
in Huntington so I am trying to put my mind in motion for something really special!
The picture to the right is me in 2011 in my hotel lobby in Maui.I spent Halloween 2011 in Lahaina......if you don't know what that is all about you need to google it.
Being in Hawaiit forced me to think about my costume in a logical sense.....'witch' forced me to pack the most simple thing I could that fit in my suitcase.
Next picture is me and my madre. I was Big Bird and she was awesome. That was 2010.
And finally the white costume is an idea I saw in Lahaina. JELLYFISH!The person had really cool LED lights all along the umbrella. It was
THE coolest costume I saw all night....pretty, elegent, simple & cool!
I am trying to get the juices flowing......I have another thought that I havewanted to do for so many years and I just might make it happen in 2012.
What are some of your 2012 Halloween costume ideas? What have you been in the past? What have you seen that has been interesting and unique?
* I need to work on getting the ability to post comments to my blogs!!!!
Sunday, April 15, 2012
This video thing is much harder than I thought.
I tried out an awesome app on my phone. Made the video and did editing. Then I
needed to get it on my website.....so I created my own Channel 'Autumn Hyatt' on
Youtube.com, downloaded it there and the quality was awful!
So I downloaded a trial version of CoffeeCup's Web Video Recorder. I shot the
video 5 times to get it right. Figured out Youtube.com and uploaded it to my channel
Then I went to watch the video and there is no sound! Apparently I don't have a built
in microphone on my computer. Sigh.
I think I will give it a go tomorrow because I am video'ed out for the day. I still don't
know how to get my Youtube video into my website, but I will cross that bridge when I
come to it. :0)
As for the day, I have pretty much been doing this all day long! LOL
Time to switch gears and do some work!......maybe at 6pm. <winkwink>
Lots of love, Autumn
Friday the 13th It's "It's Just My 2 Cents Day!"
Sunday, April 22, 2012
Pike's Place Market
Walking Around Greenlake
Recycling & Composte Bins
Burts Bee's Chapstick
Number of Starbucks
The Gum Wall
Rollerblading in a Bikini on a beach boardwalk
No recyling or Composte Bins
Balboa Bay Club & Resort
Number of places to wash your car
The Laugh Factory
Surfboard "wall" decals purchased in Huntington
Monday, April 23, 2012
New video of my Top Favorite 6 iPhone Apps.
I thought that you guys could see my iPhone screen but not so much. Anyways, enjoy! I hope you find one that you like as much as I do. Love and kisses to your Monday!
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
What: The Color Run Review Where: Irvine, CA @ The Great Park When: Sunday, April 22, 2012 Who: 12,000 attendees. Collective runners in the 9am start time group and the 12pm start time group.
I have attended probably 15-20 5K's in the last 15 months. Ranging from Oktoberfest, UW Dawg Dash, Pineapple Classic
(obstacles), New Years Polar Bear Dash, Halloween Costume Run and many more. Hands down, The Color Run was the most
fun high energy run of them all!!!
*Color is dyed cornstarch that washes out. *90% of the people walk * It is not timed. * The bigger group you have the more fun you will have. * Bringing a bandana to breath into is smart. * Bring a towel to lay on your car seat to avoid the mess. * There is pink in parts of my dyed blonde that havent washed
out yet, but everyone thinks its on purpose because I love pink! LOL * Sign up EARLY it sells out! * It is not a true 5K = 3.1miles. This one was 2.74 miles * Phased starts so even if you are late you will still have a group to run/
walk with. They have a "start" every 10-15 min for about 100-150 people. * Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes. * Don't wear watches and etc that might get ruined from the powder.